Thursday, January 30, 2014

What does a body good?

I tell you what does, a day off!! I took one yesterday. And you know what? I am taking another one tomorrow.
Now, see you have to understand. I've had days off..but I usually do shipping, or hop on facebook and answer one of over a hundred messages I get a day (some day's its in the thousands. Literally. For real. My fabric group has over 1400 members now...which I will say is quite exciting!) Last night, I was dumb. I hopped on fb to check in. Well..three hours. BOOM.  gone. There went sewing time (as it was after short man went to bed.)

So you know what I am doing tomorrow?? NOT EVEN TURNING ON THE COMPUTER. For real. No shipping, no email, facebook messages. I won't get much sewing time until the little goes to bed, but I still am going to TRY to get some in when I can.

--------------------------------------------------

I've taken up knitting. Yes. Me who has only turned on my sewing machine twice in the last year and a half. Why? Because I can take it along in the car so much easier than I can EPP. My EPP stitches do not look well from the car. My first item I am working on..a scarf for Stephen. He says he wants a bunch of them, one of every color in the world. He wanted black for his first one. LOL he's such a silly boy. I'd show you a photo but the scarf is up near him and he's sleeping and we don't want to mess that up do we? It, of course, will take me a year to finish since I only knit in the car or when the home is under poor lighting conditions. (like when the men are watching a movie and they gripe about my sewing light.) But I must tell you, I do LOVE to knit already. It tempts me at times when it shouldn't.

-------------------------------------------------

Blogger. Oy. I've tried to make the transition smoothly to this blog but now I have people saying they can't comment. I have all the comments setting set to where anyone can comment...so what's with that??

--------------------------------------------------

Jason Yenter's Shangri La is shipping. Drool.

-------------------------------------------------

Time for me to work now. This was a nice distraction. I think I shall enjoy getting into blogging again. OH I FORGOT what I wanted to blog about!!!!

-------------------------------------------------

As part of my 45 days to change, I started a new study about Jonah. I, of course, am behind. That was so not the OLD me. It is always the NEW me. But the study is very much good for me because it is talking about how you are going along, happy with life, things are going good, then POW,  everthing changes. Your life got interrupted. Yep. That happened to me. I am working hard on trying to embrace the new life and quit looking back to the old life. The only thing that I really need to get a handle on is time and dividing myself between all my 'hats'. I have toyed with the thought of putting Stephen into school when the time comes. And I JUST CAN"T DO IT. I can't. I really can't. He's been more out of preschool this year than in. I am just not cut out to send my children away for school. Nope. Can't do it. So that part of change...I dont feel comfortable embracing and I am not even going to toy the thought anymore. Now...when am I going to find time to work on school? I have NO IDEA. Teaching isn't the problem. We have all day. I work evenings/nights. Scheduling/planning is the problem.

-----------------------------------------------------

Ok well, that is enough rambling. I really need to get back to work. But this was nice. Thanks for listening.


2 comments:

  1. It is so nice sometimes not to switch on the computer. Don't have FB or anything like that but may need to as no 2 son moves away next year but... take that time for yourself! Enjoy the knitting very therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On some blogs that I follow with Bloglovin, I can't leave a comment, but if I reload the blog directly, then I can. Don't know why, don't understand it and it's irritating, but there we are.

    ReplyDelete