Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Design!


I LOVE DESIGNING QUILTS!!!!!!!

Yes, I do, I really really do. That is where my passion lies. I wanted to tell you that if you have a design in mind with the Ahhhhhs and are trying to visualize, then just let me know! I'll be happy to work it out on paper for you so that you can color it in before you purchase. 

ALSO!! If you are purchasing a whole bunch of one ahhhh design, let me know about that too. I'll just count them into one baggie, one label and save you some money. 

These special services require you to get ahold of me in person. Best way is to email me at 
Ozarkfabric@gmail.com

or find Hillbilly Quilt Shop on facebook and message me. 

I never answer the phone. Really. I don't. If you do call...just realize you'll have to leave a message and I'll call you back when I don't have a four year old boy climbing on me or singing silly songs in the background. 

I want to show you what I mean about design. A customer had this quilt in mind and had told me what ahhhhhs she thought she would like. 




Here are the ahhhhs/ and how she invisioned them in her head...




Then my first suggestion was to flip flop them if she was set on those particular ahhhhs:


Then I made a design change, used different ahhhhs:


But my final recommendation was that she take out any ahhhhs in the middle layer and use plain hexagons in those spots. Here is the final design that I sent to her:



This took me a couple of hours work, so all that I ask is that you only request design aide if you are purchasing from me. I do love it though.

Ps..I just finished naming all the new ahhhhs. I just need to make web labels and package labels tomorrrow night then month 13 will be up and ready to shop! 


3 comments:

  1. You are so good at design!! I wish I had your imagination!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. clever that's what you are. Love the designs and I think I need to get on to finishing off some of my AHHH's and then you never know what will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What software do you use to design with please?

    ReplyDelete