Sunday, February 23, 2014

Mystahhhhry1: Chromaticity: Step 6 HIDDEN DEPTHS!

I am so excited to post this!!! This is the big reveal. This is THE MOMENT that shows you the exact potential of these ahhhhs. Well it is when you whipstitch them all together. Because once you do that.. you can play around with them and you will see the pattern I was going for. If you are not joining us for the Mystahhhhry, then you still wont get it. You'll see the ahhhh I am about to show you but you wont see it in all its glory!

I am getting ready to show you an ahhhhh. Ahhhhh number 93. The name of this ahhhh is "Hidden depths" and you are about to find out exactly how it got its name!

You will use all of your pieces to make 7 of number 93. I'll show you the exact layout in a minute. After you make all 7...start playing around with them and I am pretty sure you will be amazed at what this little, rather unusual ahhhh can do.

I will not reveal my finishes for TWO WEEKS. This will allow everyone to have time to whipstitch all those pieces. But you are welcome to meet me in email, Or Hillbilly Quilt Shop on facebook and show me how you think it is supposed to look and I'll tell you if your version is the same as the way I planned it!

Here is number 93:



And here is the layout of how you need to sew them together. I will explain below the photo just in case you can't see it.


All of your small triangles and small diamonds are self explanatory. They are all the same color and size.
Your large triangles are the same size and color as well..so they just go in the middle.

Your half hexagons are where it gets tricky. They go in the same color order each time: Purple, Orange, Green clockwise.
They also have a hue pattern: Dark, Medium, Light...counter clockwise.

So... if you only have ONE dark purple...then that makes the top block up there. Dark purple, medium green, light orange. See? all of those blocks rotate...purple, orange, green clockwise. Dark, medium, light counter clock wise.

You will have 3 blocks with dark green, medium orange and light purple.
And 3 blocks with Dark orange, medium purple and light green.

THE YELLOW/RED HAVE A SMALL COLORING TYPO ABOVE. THIS SHOULD NOT CHANGE YOUR END AT ALL AS YOU WOULD HAVE MADE THE YELLOW ONES TRIANGLES AND THE RED ONES DIAMONDS.

After you get them sewn together...then your fun REALLY begins. I cannot WAIT for you to see what they are going to make. Have fun!!

I am so excited to hear from you to see if you get this figured out. I know one person that will be emailing me by the time I awake in the morning. She'll have her version all laid out...
(And May, you were right about your diamonds and triangles! I just couldnt give it away yet! )




3 comments:

  1. Intriguing! Can't wait to see what pops up next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have ask seven stitched together but I haven't had that "ahhhh-ha moment trying to figure out the pattern. I may have messed up the design by changing some colors. I have a picture but couldn't figure out how to post it. ecdonges@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. mine is so-o-o- bright! I think some of my values are to close together but it turned out like a waver y (because I can't see well enough to hand stitch) big jewel. I wish I knew how to post a picture of it. It's been a great experience.

    ReplyDelete