Thursday, May 1, 2014

There goes the coaster again!

As you know...

For months and months and months I've been grueling over a book. It was quite exciting to know that someone came to me and asked me to write a book. But then, as you also know, my time is SO LIMITED. The book was to be published in March. Didn't happen. Its May and, while projects are done, its still not even close. But no matter, because as of today..the book is OVER. Done. Fin. GONE.

What happens when you drag your feet too long (whether or not your circumstances cause the foot dragging and really you have no control over the matter)? Well, someone comes along and pulls the book right away from you. Yep. It happened.

Someone (I wont say who) took a good portion of the same designs, went to a big publisher, and is publishing a pieced hexagon book. So they (the patterns) will be copyrighted. Not by me. Oh hooray.

Now you all know me, I am going to look on the bright side and actually that bright side is very promising!

One thing that I do have going for me is that I've been showing you these designs for a LONG time..from my old blog even, that, thank goodness is still out in cyberland. So there is proof that I 'did this first' even if SHE writes a book. Let her have the book. I have supporters, right? I have other avenues that I really don't care to discuss because I don't want those ideas taken as well. I just feel this overwhelming pressure to get them DONE NOW!! NOW!! NOW!!

One thing I will be doing to protect myself, all 300 of my designs will be listed here on the blog as soon as I can get to them. Even though they will still only be released to purchase by the month, I will list them as 'coming soon'. You'll get to see them all! Fun for you, protection for me.

Good news for all of us:
1) All my book projects can now be shared. I will share them a little at a time. I am actually quite excited about this. One thing the book has done is bogged me down to the point of being almost depressed at times that I could never share these beautiful pieces with you, and now I can!!

2) All book content can now be shared. So on my website I will now show layouts for each and every design. Of course this will take me some time but I can show how they look when you place them together for secondary patterns. All you will have to do is click on the ahhhh and there will be drawings there to show their potential!!

3) Settings reserved for the book can be shared. I have some special pieces that I've ordered that now I can show all of you..no waiting on the book! My mind is always turning. There is so much to share with you.

I am really sad about one quilt..it was to be SO BEAUTIFUL. And it still will be. I ordered extra special parts for it. It was to be the book cover. sigh. It will take a few months to share with you but when I do you can bet I'll be excited!

So, really, when one thinks about it...this really is good news. This chick is actually doing me a favor by taking the book away from me. (feel that emotional ride I've been on today??!! )

And that book..no worries. I am still writing one, or two, or several. The next has already been discussed, agreed upon and I will begin tonight (mainly because I need the pick me up.) It has nothing to do with pieced hexies. What does it have to do with? NO WAY am I saying! No way is an idea being ripped out from my hands again!!! (Oh it is EPP. I mean, I seriously have a love affair with EPP. ))

Speaking of, how about showing me some love? Accuquilt has that design challenge right now and I submitted one of my blocks. You can vote for it EVERY DAY and accuquilt is giving thousands of dollars in prizes away just for the voters!! Wouldn't it be awesome to lose my book but go on to win that contest in spite of? I won't get my hopes high...I just am not that kind of gal. But I will say I think it has a decent chance. It was top rated number 6 a few hours ago. That's exciting, huh?

Here's the Link...vote daily!!!!!!!

VOTE HERE FOR "CUT GLASS"

In the mean time, I am going to lick my wounds, count it a blessing and try to find the coaster end...but I really can't until my husbands job situation settles. I'll blog about that in a day or two. I need to go sew something to make me feel better. Well actually I have to go work but I can think on sewing, right?


10 comments:

  1. Good grief. You should charge admission for all your roller coaster rides...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonya, on one hand my heart breaks for you as I know you were working so hard on this book. On the other hand, I am a strong believer that when God closes one door, he opens another door. I really do not understand how someone can steal someone's Ideas and creations and be ok with themselves. I will say some extra prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you will get through this and I know heavenly father is watching over you and your family. He has sent his holy spirit to be with you and if you pray before you make your next decision (s) he will be with you to guide you through this! I will keep you in prayer!

      Delete
  4. I am with Teresa, how can someone steal another person's ideas and be okay with it. Hope you win the design challenge. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry Tonya. What a rotten thing to do to you. You, who have been thru so much. I'm glad you are finding the silver lining. Enjoy your NEW book and the other things that are coming out of this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am new to your blog - am distressed at your distress, but looks like you have found the way to solve most problems: when life gives you lemons, make lemonade! I have lived many years and thru many bad situations and can honestly say you will land on your feet if you will only remember your source of strength (God) and keep your sense of humor. Your talent is heaven sent - how can you be defeated?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so sad. Can't you block her book from using your copyrighted designs?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am new to your site & blogging. I agree, how can someone steal your ideas and be ok with it. May God give you strength.

    ReplyDelete