Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The Hillbilly is down but not out!

Now before you jump to conclusions, I am not down in the dumps!

I will be blogging over at my other blog (HillbillyHandiworks@blogspot.com) about my husband's medical problems just as soon as I hit send, but first I wanted to give a shout out to you all. (Please allow a couple of hours for the new blog post to be up at the other blog.)

I need to explain a few things as to why I am just not around.

First of all I want to thank Bea (at Beaquilter.com) and Terry (at FosteringOthers@blogspot.com) for being such a great support and trying to share about my EPP patterns! I do appreciate it so much. You should visit and see what they made using Ahhhhs!

I wish I were around more, I really do. In fact, the ultimate dream for me would be to back off from my Facebook fabric group just a bit, hire a cutting person, and spend more time designing and sewing. Ozark (the fabric group) takes every single minute of my free time right now. And it needs to. It's our income. Only problem is I am never there as I have very little free time!  But wouldn't it be great if some of that income could be from my designs? Ahhhh, someday...

So, if I really want to give more attention to my designs...why have I backed off and not released ahhhs? Why do I never blog?

Well, since last summer my husband's health has steadily declined. Last fall it really plummeted. I think you knew that, but then in January it took an even deeper dive. So much so that I shut my brick and mortar store front that I so dearly loved, and I devote full time to caring for him. (Ha, I keep multiple full time jobs to keep me from being bored!)

I've had to really re-evaluate things and ...well honestly I think I just fly by the seat of my pants. I am not going to release new Ahhhs when it might take me a few days to get them shipped. Last week we were at a different hospital or clinic every single day. Procedures, tests, docs. I am hoping to actually release some in the next week, but no promises, because I refuse until things stablize at home.

Does this mean I don't have plans? NO WAY. The time just isn't right at the moment for me and my stuff. There is a lot going on in the EPP world right now, so it's ok. But I do have my videos! In fact, the last was a HUGE success and I'll be filming another in the next few days! I am so pleased with the feedback.

I am hoping to blog more again like I used to. Since I don't get my solitude of my shop or my sewing time, maybe I can blog. Those that know me well, know that I really enjoy writing and sharing. I think I'll start with some of my favorite tools, etc. I've learned alot in the last couple of years! For EPP or non EPP. Running my fabric group has really taught me a lot!

Anyway, I am here. I am working little by little. I have BIG plans. I am just not making a timetable for those plans, because I've learned real fast that life can sure get in the way of best laid plans!

Off to blog on the other blog now. New video soon. Watch for it. :)

1 comment:

  1. BIG HUGS! I need to finish your ahhhhs now....

    ReplyDelete