Friday, September 25, 2015

Let the Shindig Begin!


Here's a little Hillbilly opening number to get you in the mood. Get your tap shoes on and get your groove going!




You see..I had to post that dance because I PROMISED this Mystahhhhry would be via YouTube. But, quite frankly, I have nothing to film for the first clue..you all already know what the clue is!

CLUE ONE: 


Yep...take them big ol diamonds (well just six of them)... and make a star out of them. Then take your other big diamonds and baste them really good...then stick them somewhere to keep them safe. (I use gallon size zipping freezer bags.)

NOW IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO SEW/STITCH THESE TOGETHER, then please, please take a moment to watch my video called "EPP: Sewing Simplified". I explained it about as simple as I know how and I think it will answer most of your questions. It is very important that you sew your star in two halves before sewing it into a star. I talk about that in the video.

You can view the video RIGHT HERE. 



CLUE TWO: 

After you get all your large diamonds basted, then you can begin basting your large triangles with your fabric that you chose as your setting fabric. You don't have to baste them all at once and can work on them throughout our project.

I am so happy that even though I had a design change, I don't have to take out all the basting on my large triangles, and can use the same fabric with the peacocks.
 I keep basting work handy for when I am in the car or watching my boy play outside. I like taking basting on the go with me more than I do my stitching. 



CLUE THREE: 

Now I know that many of you already have your diamonds done, or at least basted so we won't wait very long for the next step. Normally I will NOT release them this quickly so don't worry those of you that are not ready yet! Our next clue will be released October 1st. 



Want to see some of the stars people have been working on? I know some of you follow this blog and don't go to the Facebook group..so here are some for your viewing pleasure. This first one is how I decided to sew my peacocks together, then the rest of them are just from a variety of people in the group. I posted everyones that had one made up to the point of writing this post.
Aren't they wonderful? Bet ya can't resist trying one before this is all over!
























12 comments:

  1. They are ALL so interesting!! I'm really excited!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love to see how they are each so different!
      I know everyone is anxious to get to the next step!

      Delete
  2. WOW!! So many beautiful choices. I cannot wait to see how they turn out!! I need to get on the triangles!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And those aren't bad. I can't wait to get on the real thing but I need to sew mine up. I do have the first trial one done but I want to sew the new one too!

      Delete
  3. it's great to see them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited. I have my star done, now I need to starch, cut and glue baste my triangles. I am sooo itchin' to continue stitchin'. YeeHaw. Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I need to get the next step ready. I have them to show you from my test project but I am anxious to try my peacock ones!

      Delete
  5. I'm entering a little late & I can't wait to get my templates! I'm headed to my stash to see what interesting fabrics I can come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does anyone know how many 3" triangles to make. I can't find the number (but I couldn't find the mushrooms at the grocery store this a.m. either - until I asked!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So the setting triangles, it's ALL of them in the pack? and any solid/non fussy cut fabric? dark?

    ReplyDelete