Thursday, October 1, 2015

Mystahhhhry Along with Hillbilly Clues 3 and 4!


Ok, Ok I Hear ya already!
You want to get a clue!
Here, have one: 



Not what you had in mind?
How about this then: 






That's right! It's time to darn some Grandpa's Socks! 
Now don't be getting all fired ahead and sewing up extra socks or using your setting triangles.
Just. Wait. For. It.
Or you might be doing some undarning of Grandpa's Socks.
Make 6. 
Stop. 
Wait Breathlessly for the next clue.

Where's my sample? Well it's like this. Read the next clue.
I'll film a video in a few days. It might have to wait until Sunday, but I'll see. I will try to figure out how to set it all up to film myself, but I cannot promise anything until my teen comes home on Sunday. I'll show my sample at that time and give some some sewing pointers for this particular pattern. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------


As I was working on my project/ your clue, I was so torn as to whether to release clue 3 to you first or clue 4.

The reason being, I was busy gluing my fabrics for clue 3... and I couldn't stop.
I just can NOT stand gluing only a few pieces of each color.
So, then I was thinking..there are probably others of you that feel like if you are going to get fabric out and baste it, then by all means just get it basted.

I don't finish the basting on them all at once, but I at least glue them to the fabric and cut them out. Next, I bag them in zippy bags and take them with me everywhere and have constant glue on my fingers until I have them all finished.
(Then I usually get an itch to start the next project. I never EVER had UFO's until I started glue basting. Now I like glue-on-the-go projects with me all of the time, and therefore I have a nice mound of basted not yet sewn projects. )
You can of course sew baste to save $$ on glue sticks. An idea is to glue the fussy cuts and then sew baste all the rest. 

Originally I wasn't going to tell you how many triangles and how many diamonds you would have of each fabric choice. And some of you were getting downright antsy about that..but after all it is part of the mystery of the thing. But, since I can't stand not prepping all my fabric at once, I couldn't very well make you endure half prepped fabric!
So, here ya go...


Clue 4
Total Number of small Pieces
----------------------------------------------
TOTAL NUMBER OF 1.5” TRIANGLES
Small Fussy Cut
First Dance
12 Triangles
Full Shindig Pattern
36 Triangles
Pop Fabric
First Dance
12 Triangles
Full Shindig Pattern
36 Triangles
Medium fabric A
First Dance
12 Triangles
Full Shindig Pattern
48 Triangles
Medium fabric B
First Dance
12 Triangles
Full Shindig Pattern
48 Triangles
----------------------------------------------

TOTAL NUMBER OF 1.5” DIAMONDS
Small Fussy Cut
First Dance
36 Diamonds
Full Shindig Pattern
138 Diamonds
Pop Fabric
First Dance
24 Diamonds
Full Shindig Pattern
72 Diamonds
Medium fabric A
First Dance
36 Diamonds
Full Shindig Pattern
114 Diamonds
Medium fabric B
First Dance
24 Diamonds
Full Shindig Pattern
96 Diamonds

CLUE NUMBER 5 WILL BE AVAILABLE ON OCTOBER 10TH. 
This will allow time to begin gluing all your fabric, and to sew up the first six Grandpa's Socks.

If this seems overwhelming to you, remember we are not completely basting all the pieces! Just prepping them with the fabric to baste here and there when we get time. Or, you could just baste as clues are released. 




3 comments:

  1. Heading for FL (where my Inklingo disc is located) with the fabric I have chosen. Getting ready to move back every year, means I have to spend a couple of days organizing and choosing what to take. So I will be starting very shortly. Hope to see the sample of Clue 3 soon as I am disappointed in the "stripey" look - especially since you are using solids for two of the stripes. Why not have those pieces cut as one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll address this in the video, I promise!

      Delete
  2. so clue 4 does NOT include the parts in clue 3?? do I have that right?
    any directions for the fussy cutting? which way should be up?

    ReplyDelete