Monday, August 1, 2016

Space Journey EPP Mystery post 1: Joining Yuri

Yuri Gagarin was the first human to journey into outer space.
His journey was on April 12, 1961.


Can you just imagine the excitement he felt as he climbed into his spacecraft and successfully orbited the earth?

I am equally excited to go on an exploration with you.



The first couple of mysteries that I did were total learning experiences for me. I learned what to do and what not to do. I learned what people liked and didn't. When to allow impatience and when not to.

This mystery is going to be different than the first ones.

One of my favorite changes is the various fabric kit options. More will be announced concerning fabric requirements here in a few days, but let's begin with the basics of the mystery:

You WILL need paper pieces to complete this quilt.
You can either go purchase your own paper pieces RIGHT HERE in my shop,
or you can purchase the pdf files available RIGHT HERE. You will NOT need all the pdf files available.
You will only need the following pieces (I will tell you how many of each as the mystery unfolds):

3" Diamonds
1.5" Diamonds
1.5" Triangles
1.5" Hexagons

I know that many of you have tried using the pdf files in the past and decided that you'd rather just purchase the papers. At just $16 they are a great option and I very much appreciate the support for this free mystery.

Now about those fabric kits!
I will be using Chromazone by Paula Nordstrom. Some of you will love it and some of you will lift your brows at it. This hillbilly is quite known for her taste in extreme fabrics, and using them to create beautiful designs. I am SO EXCITED to offer you these kits for this mystery, because I will be using YouTube to show you every step of the way how to fussy cut this great fabric.
(And I will also give pointers on how to go about choosing your own fabrics if you don't care to purchase the kits).

The fabric kit contains two Chromazone fabric panels. These panels will be used in several design sections.
HERE IS THE BEST PART!
I have them available in FIVE (yes FIVE) colorways.
(UPDATE: within hours of posting PINK has sold out so just four colorways left).

I have panels from the first Chromazone that I've been saving for just the perfect design, and then when I designed this pattern months ago, I went ahead and picked up 3 bolts of the new Chromazone colorways.

Don't know what Chromazone is?
Well here is your eye candy. You might want to go get your fabric kit (for just $13) right away because when they are gone, they are gone. You will be adding your own fabric to these panels and I'll explain that via YouTube in a few days.

 PINK IS SOLD OUT ALREADY!!!





Yep, you KNOW you are curious now. Go get one before they are gone. Which will you choose though?

I'll be back in a day or two. I just want to let you ponder these things. Decide if you are going to get the papers or the pdf files, then make a fabric decision. I know if you plan to use your own fabric selections, you will want to get started on it right away, so I won't make you wait very long.


The countdown has begun friends. Start preparing!




No comments:

Post a Comment