Sunday, October 16, 2016

Being Intentional

A few days ago I was busy cutting fabric. Or maybe I was taking a shower. One of the two cuz those are my thinking places. Seriously the shower is the best thinking place ever invented.


And since I was doing some thinking I decided to put my thinking to good work and really focus on my businesses. And I made me some decisions.

First I thought about everything going on in my life, and decided then and there: It's too much.

So next I thought about what to purge so it wouldn't be too much. First I thought about my business: what I like and what I don't like. What is good to keep around and what is just taking up space. I actually love to purge. I am not a 'keeper of things'. I actually rather enjoy the sense of freedom I get when I purge things out of my life.

So I commenced purging. 

One of the biggest things I am purging is pretty much all of my inventory. My family no longer needs to live around a large inventory of fabric, patterns, thread and floss. So when I have had time, I've been listing it ALL for sale in my fabric group. I've been slowly changing my website into what I think both YOU and I will like better. And what I would like better is for the website to be nothing but just my stuff. You can find floss and notions and patterns and fabric all over the place. But you can only find Hillbilly patterns, pdfs, pattern packs and kits at Hillbilly Quilt Shop, and that is how I want it to be. Because my life is too crazy for anything more anyway.
I have so many patterns I want to release to you! So many beautiful designs that I think you will LOVE!

For Hillbilly Quilt Shop, this is my goal.

After the purge is complete, then I need to think about the direction I am headed in.
As a creative person I tend to flit from project to project like some butterfly playing in a field. I go from this to this to this. Usually I am a one project kind of gal, but since my life got insane a few years ago, I have found that there are so many projects I wish I could complete, but can't, so I hop from this to that to feed my creative urges. But then I get frustrated because then I have too many places to feed upon! I mean what do I work on next??!!

I was thinking about all of this during that shower. I must have been in there for hours.

But then it HIT me.
The one word wonder.

INTENTIONAL

That word. 

It says to me: be intentional in your creative talents. 


It says to me: be intentional in your moments with God. 




It says to me: be intentional with your family. 


It says to me: Quit hopping from place to place looking lost and feeling hopeless that you will ever accomplish anything. 



And then and there, this person became INTENTIONAL.
In so doing I found even more things I didn't mind purging from my life.


This has been good. Very good.
I feel so much better.

7 comments:

  1. I certainly can understand the good feeling that comes with finally making a decision that you've been worrying about for a long time! I'm happy for you! ((Hugs!))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping in the midst of working full time I can still find time for sewing sometime. It is time for me to do what I like to do!

      Delete
    2. Sure you can! I know you love hand sewing and that you can pick up for a few minutes anytime you want! I'm here anytime you need to chat.

      ((Hugs!))

      Delete
  2. Inspiring post! We all need to be intentional. I have too many creative projects. I understand when a person purges. As they say, 'less is more.' Perhaps you are familiar with the KonMari method and/or Dr Randy Carlson's, 'Intentional'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to giggle and think to myself, " nope. All this person knows is the hillbilly method-- just get it gone!"
      But I've always been good about that. I think I could live as a minimalist with no problem at all.
      My husband... not so much.

      Delete
  3. May we display your header on our new site directory? As it is now, the site title (linked back to your home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete