Tuesday, February 14, 2017

News Worthy

I was trying to figure out what to post about as I have several things to tell you about. I decided to just blog them all, and have you treat it like a newspaper. Read what you want, skip what you don't want. Some might be very news worthy if it pertains to you:

KITS
I have had several people email/ call about paper kits for my designs. Well my laser machine and I have been fighting a battle and the laser is ALWAYS WINNING. So here is the thing. If you can handle having little tiny marks on your pieces of paper, then the kits will be ready soon. My laser company cannot figure out why I get marks in every corner of whatever I cut. So *shoulders shrug*, thus they are Hillbilly Papers. Cheaper than the rest, but work like a charm, lol. I don't have any cut right now but they don't take long.(I was able to very quickly cut all 796 of my own papers for the mystery.)  So the kits for Starry Beginnings will be ready within the week and kits for the 8 Shooters mystery will be ready by March 1st. As long as the laser agrees as it runs the show. I am looking at it with full contempt right now.

NEW MYSTERY
Fabric requirements is my next blog post and I will set it to post at midnight. You will then have until March before I post the kits or the PDF files. This mystery has some freedom but you'll need to really read to understand the fabric requirements.

TO OZARK FRIENDS
I know I keep saying I'll get stuff sold off but trust me, this is far more important at the moment, as in the long scheme of things my business has to bring in the money so all bills/re payments can be taken care of. I am finding that since working full time, I am useless to anyone when I get home from work. Call me lazy and a wimp, but I come home so exhausted, and my feet hurt so badly from Plantars that I just can't function. Usually I spend the evening apologizing to Stephen that we once again have to watch a movie because I can't handle anything else, then I fall asleep during the movie. I used to work evenings which was better. I was fine working around home during the day, then heading to work, then coming home and dying. But more and more often, I work day times. Then I get home and become a wimp and can't bring myself to spend a few hours selling off stuff. And its a cycle. Then there are the Jerry issues which take away even more of my time. Read below but usually you all hear about them first anyway.


JERRY
Jerry continues to be a walking miracle. Lately he is feeling awful but he's been without insurance since October, and has gone without some of his meds since that time. Thankfully he will be on medicare by April if not before. He is approved to be on it now but, you know, we are waiting on the government. We just need him to hold his own a bit longer, but each day gets more difficult. He tends to get confused and makes mistakes, constantly overdrawing our bank account. And his thinking he could fix things that he can't causes stress, not afraid to say it. Recently he attempted to fix our hot water heater, flooded the house in the mean time, and now we've been without hot water for almost 6 weeks. And counting. He wants to pay the bills but he forgets what he has done and not done. I got an email last night that our electricity is being turned off next week, but its only a day before pay day, so it will be ok. One day is do able. I can't believe I am sharing this with the world, especially when I am trying to run a business, as it is quite embarrassing, but I am rather human and I live with a disabled husband that is stubborn as a you know what and I am the one that has to deal with these things when to be honest, I think I'd rather be quilting. His memory issues are the hardest for me to deal with. It's frustrating as he argues what he thinks he remembers. But, he's feeling worse, so in bed more, which might sound horrible for me to say, but it makes it easier than when he's up and around. And as soon as he gets his Medicare then we will get him all fixed up again. And, I take over bills and finances from now on. I think the electricity was the final straw in that little matter.

OF GAINS AND LOSSES AND WORK
A few days ago a dear friend from work passed away. Tomorrow we are all going to the funeral. While it is frustrating to me that I HAVE to work away from home full time, when I have a husband that needs babysat, a 7 yr old that needs a mom, and a quilting business that could use my attention, I will say that my job is a wonderful distraction from my life. We co workers are very close knit. Sometimes management switches around as they use our store managers to train other store managers, and during the process there is a lot of store switching going on. Anyone that spends anytime at all working in our store, always wish that they could stay forever and not have to go back to their own stores. So, another store is helping cover us during the funeral and as a group we are going to support our friend. Sad times. But, also at work, my manager is learning quilting and every night she texts me showing progress of her first quilt. I am so proud of her. She is taking the class at a guild and is learning so many different types of things. They have them learning, EPP, FPP, curves, applique...all in one beginner quilt. So, even in the midst of work, I am finding time to at least talk of quilting. Helga would talk of quilts too. She had a list a mile long of quilt ideas she wanted me to make, bless her heart. Pray for us tomorrow as we go pay our final respects. Rough day for all of us.
 


3 comments:

  1. Prayers for your friend and her family. Your family as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prior up my surgery in Sept I arranged all our bills, we pay everything on the first cause that was our big pay day, has been that way for 30 years
    Anyway the bills were set up so all I had to do was put in the amounts and send, good to go, only O forgot. I was in so much pain that I just didn't think beyond my next dose of pain meds needless to say they didn't get paid and I humbly called each one that charged me a late fee, explained the issue and got everything straightened out. Blame it on brain fog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind marks as long as the papers work. Sorry about the loss of your friend. As to confusion and bills my mom went through that and we started to have all the bills sent to another address so she didn't feel she had to pay them. One of us kids paid them with her checkbook. (they had financial consent to do so).I take it the Starry beginnings is the tree skirt. Are you planning to run both at the same time? If so I will only do the six shooter. If you do them separate I am in. thanks for taking the time.

    ReplyDelete