Wednesday, March 15, 2017

8 Shooters Clue 2: Double Shots

A quick post today without a lot of cute stuff.

1) The website is down temporarily. I am pretty sure my 8 shooter became a bazooka and blasted it into oblivion within the last hour... at least I sure wanted to. So I just shut it down until I can either find a new server or call them on my next day off (Friday) to fix bugs.



2) My husband is very ill and even getting confused right now so, as normal with me, I am not around much and also the reason this blog post took extra time for me to post... and I am just rushing it and not giving alot of fluff, sorry about that. I enjoy making them fun and silly so I am sad this is a rush job but it is what it is. I know all you all want is the clue anyway so here it is.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Pick out the next medallion. You will need 8 matching medallions. If you purchased four panels this is no problem. If you didn't, then just look how we piece them and go from there.

You are going to make four of the medallions into 8 shooters that look exactly alike. (This would require 32 SMALL diamonds.)  Here is my first 8 shooter. I really struggled with which way to turn my pieces, I loved them both ways!



So with four medallions you will make four matching 8 Shooters:
(If you haven't figured it out yet, an 8 shooter is an 8 pointed star or shooting star). 



THEN you will take the other four matching medallions and choose a different place to cut out 8 small diamonds from each. (32 total).  But this time you are going to only match them into double shots.
No not like this:



Like This: 



When finished you will have 16 sets of these.


If you are using non matching medallions for this project then at least do these in sets of 4 that match. (8 diamonds make 4 pairs).

SO IN SUMMARY:
You are going to be cutting 32 diamonds this week that match one way, and 32 diamonds that match a different way. ALL will be cut from the same matching 8 medallions.


Lots of 8, pieces of 8, multiples of 8.
8 Shooters.
Dream 8, 8, 8, 8,8,8,8,888

I'll see you in ten days. Lets see, how about Saturday March 25th?
Yep. Sounds good.
Happy Shooting!




4 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about your husband-your in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh -i just glued 32 diamonds to the right side of the fabric! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the QAL, praying for your family - Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending good thoughts and prayers to you and hubby

    ReplyDelete