Friday, April 21, 2017

8 Shooters Clue 7 : Fiddle a new Tune

 I know I am a hillbilly at heart, I even devoted an entire mystery around a Shindig!
But cowboys and dancin go hand in hand.
You just can't be workin' all of the time!
So for a few more weeks we will continue dancing around before we pick up our guns and do more shooting.

Today lets switch up the tune a bit, shall we? 


Remember that you were supposed to have two different sets of solid matching background. One set required 1/3 yard of each and one set required 1/2 yard of each.
Today we will be using the set that requires 1/2 Yard of each.
BE CAREFUL, choose your CORRECT set.
 This would be SOLID MATCHING BACKGROUND SET TWO.
Solid matching background set one will be sit aside for quite awhile yet.
If you scroll way back to the fabric requirement post
(you can find it here), then you will see that I chose purples for my SET TWO. 



We will begin with the darker of the your two solids.
Baste 40 squares
Baste 64 small triangles
Baste 4 medium triangles



That is a lot of basting and polishing before the next song plays, so we best meet back in ten(ish) days.
What is today... lets see it is Friday the 21st, so let's meet up to do another square dance on May 1st. That sounds nice. 


I appreciate your patience in this mystery. The slow-and-steady-win-the-race pace is allowing those who thread baste and those with health problems be able to follow along without getting too far behind.
I know you are so eager to get back to fussy cutting and star shooting but trust me, it will be worth it to wait and you will love this finish.

Now that I know that I am keeping The Beast (my laser that I use to cut papers) I am excitedly getting ready to prepare the tree skirt kits.
And I am also going to spend an entire day off soon making kits for all previous patterns and get them back up for sale on the website.
We can do this people! Keep sharing about your friendly little Hillbilly.
I'd love to be traveling to guilds or shops by fall so keep that in mind!

Also, I will also be blogging more often...not just the mystery posts.
I am trying to revive the ol' Hillbilly from long ago. And she LOVED blogging.
See ya soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment