Monday, May 15, 2017

A quick move

Before I post the next mystery clue, I want to blog about why it has taken so long and where Ive been.

A few weeks ago a bad, unmentionable thing happened to Stephen. I won't go into details but never, ever do I miss work. This happened while I was at work. I rushed home and took off the next 5 days. During this time my husband and I decided we just had to move. This was strike two in this category of bad, and it was much worse than last time. We were not going to wait on a strike three.

So I began feverishly looking for a place that we could afford. But found nothing. So we decided to go forward and see if we could get a home loan. There are so many ins and outs of his disability battle and one big financial decision is still in court. So we were unable to get a loan until that court decision is made.

Right after we found that out, I woke up one morning and told my husband that I am hitting the road and finding somewhere. Something. I drove south. Further south than we cared to go but for months I've felt the urge to 'move south of the metro/ south of the river'. I work north of the river. But I looked south. I ended up in Independence. I grew up there. When I left I swore I would never, ever move back. But I found a subdivision. Sadly, thank to my husbands health, we have to become part of the low income population. I'm ok with that. I just wanted a decent neighborhood. This duplex subdivision seemed fairly quiet. Some places looked run down but some looked well kept.

I called on one place. Nope, she said no way on a dog. Well, our dog is family so no thanks to her too.

I called on another one. They wouldn't answer. I've tried with them before. The agent lived in Colorado. No thanks.

Then I found another. A scribbled sign in the yard with a number. And we got the place. Our new landlord is the best I've ever had. (well I liked the ones in Southern Mo too). The place is clean and well kept. So within weeks after the 'thing' happened to our boy, we were gone. I moved fast. I just wanted him out of there. And me out of there.

Stephen was heartbroken at first. But one day when he was quite upset, I reached out my pinkie and I pinkie promised him that all would be fine. We are building a new life. And he's been trying to trust me about that.

Well, all has been fine. In just two weeks Stephen has gotten involved in community events and made friends.

The move isn't easy. I am not even close to being done. I still have half the home to pack up. I keep going and buying cookware since I've not moved the kitchen yet. I can only move on days off. And my husband is too sick to help much. He's gotten worse. And worse. He fell today when trying to get dressed. So I have 15 days. And in those days I have to spend some of my days off getting him to KU for tests. But I'll get it done eventually.

The reason I am telling all this to you: This is why the mystery clue is late. When the unmentionable happened to Stephen I, right then and there, removed many of you from my personal facebook profile. If I don't know you, then I am sorry but I won't 'friend' you. Because I have a young son, a sick husband, and I don't need people I don't know looking at what we are doing. So, sorry if I unfriended you. I just friend people I know. That I REALLY know. Because my family is precious to me and must be guarded. So, you all didn't know what was going on, and were kept in the dark. I am sorry. When all went down I just worked as fast as I could to make things right for us.

Now, lets get to the mystery, shall we?
Its coming in the next post in a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment