Wednesday, June 21, 2017

8 Shooters Clue 13: The Climax!


I have SO SO SO much to tell you, but tonight first and foremost is the mystery! Since we have been moving along a bit slowly I decided that tonight I would provide a bit of excitement. Because every western has a climax before it heads off into another direction so lets have us a climax tonight! 

p.s. Shouting out to Jill... when you read my other blogs that I will get around to writing in a day or two you will know why I haven't emailed you back yet but I'll get to it very very soon and thanks for joining! 

Ok SO The CLIMAX episode in our mystery is like one of those extra long episodes, like a two hour special or something. I am going to give you several clues, and using those clues you will probably be able to figure out a few blocks of your quilt... but not all because, you know, there is still mystery left to go. So let's take the climax in THREE parts tonight. 

PART ONE: Squares. 
Take one dark background square and sew it to two light background squares so that it makes a little pyramid type thing. Like this:




You need to make 16 sets of those square pyramid things shown above ^^.

CLIMAX PART TWO: Small Diamonds
Remember back when we stitched up your small diamonds, that we had several of them leftover?
 (64 to be exact).

We are going to use your A2 and B2 Tonals and baste up all the rest of the small diamonds.
You will need to baste 32 of each color.
THEN if you get bored, you can even sew one of each pair together. (I don't have mine stitched together yet, but this is just freebie busy work I am tossing out at you. )


CLIMAX PART THREE: Little Houses
We are going to use C2 Tonal to baste our little houses. You have 32 houses to baste. 




I've given you a TON of work to do this time.
That is because we are coming up on July 4th here in the states which means yet another busy time at work for me.
 ( I am telling you, Americans seriously do eat way too much... do you realize how many hot dogs and brats I've already sold this summer??!! blech. )
So I thought it best to give you some busy work while I am busy at work.
I tend to like to meet with you all on Wednesdays, but two weeks from now is July 5th.
That would be why I gave you enough work for three weeks... July 12th is three weeks out.
I think you should have enough time to stitch up the background pyramid type things, plus baste up all of your A2, B2 and C2 pieces... and if you get really bored you can stitch up pairs of your A2/B2 pieces.
I am super excited to see this progress. In the facebook group someone shared their progress and it was so beautiful, please if you don't want to share on facebook but you tend to share on a blog, comment and let me know! I LOVE to see the progression of these mysteries!

Until we meet again, Happy shooting! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi ... right back to you. Still love your enthusiasm and creativity...who needs sleep anyway. Lol.

    ReplyDelete