Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Why things are how they is: in other words, where I've been a hidin'.

That's hillbilly talk. I've not talked Hillbilly in a very long time. You see I lost Ms Hillbilly. I told you that and I just cannot decide whether to find her again or not. Lemme explain. I know I've explained alot but new developments have happened. There are always new developments. If anyone knows how to do crazy life, we do at our home. Let's do a quick person by person so you understand.

STEPHEN
is a happy 7 yr old boy. But a couple of months ago something happened that prompted us to change our world forever. Things can happen, even in little tiny towns of 400 people. Things can happen right out in the open, in the backyard with parents not far away. An older boy, age 12, decided one day that he would have some fun making things happen. And he decided to target my 7 yr old son and a 5 yr old girl. Only he thought it would be more fun to force that little boy and girl to do things that no child of that age should have a clue about. I was at work when it happened and had to rush home. You cannot run from all your problems but given our situation, we just felt that our son had to get out of there. So in just a couple of weeks time, we moved 80 miles south to be in the same town my daughter lives in.

And that is why I disappeared so fast. I may have told you some of this before, but there is the reason all right out in the open. Well, part of the reason. The other is financial. Medical issues put people in the poor house. It's happened to many. It has happened to us. *shrug shoulders*, I don't even care anymore. Just as long as we have a bed to sleep in at night, and food for the boy I am happy. We have those and then some so all is good.

JERRY
is an exhausted, sick man. He has the following:
Chrons Disease
Diabetes
Liver Disease (medical induced).
Colon cancer survivor
Stroke (x 10 ) survivor
and the newest as of this week: Kidney disease.

I am pretty sure all of that explains it all. If you want to research the ins of outs of each disease and see what they cause on the body, by all means, you should! But, he's a walking miracle time bomb and each day he's exhausted. Literally every minute I am not at work I have to be with our son so that my husband can rest for when I am at work. He's declining in health bit by bit and this is emotionally, physically, mentally exhausting on all of us.

Ms HILLBILLY
That's me, sort of. When we moved we had to downsize BIG TIME. So its been really hard to get that done. In the midst of trying to move I had my mystery all figured out then when I was at work my daughter was kind enough to pack and move and entire load, and buried my entire sewing area, mystery and all under boxes!!
You see we had to downsize so fast and so much that we don't even have room to walk in our home. We are giving things away on Swap shop right and left and trying to make space to live.
TODAY I UNEARTHED my mystery. FINALLY.
I was so happy. I am so so so so so so sorry that I've been an awful host again. I don't mean to be. Would you please tell my crazy life to calm down so that I can have some sewing time? Pretty please?

I have been so undecided what to do about the future of Hillbilly Quilt Shop. And I still don't know. I think I want to close it down for good since I cannot keep it up like I'd like. But then I think I'd like to just step back and produce patterns on occasion. Because I have a multitude waiting for that.

Then I think I should pull my website and go just with Craftsy. But then I wonder if I should even bother, and maybe go away for good. Then I look at these patterns and think, "no I do not want to do that. "

So I don't know.

Here is what I do know. My husband is declining. During this time, I won't host another mystery. As much as I love them, I do give up on them for awhile. Just a little while. And I'll start producing patterns as I can. And I'll just wait. Wait on the answer. If you have answers for me I am all ears.

Now I need to get onto the mystery post that you've been waiting for.

1 comment: