Sunday, July 23, 2017

8 Shooters Clue 15: The BIG shoot out!


Get your guns cleaned up and loaded!
Cuz here we go. Time for the BIG shoot out!

Using your COORDINATING C and D MATCHING PRINTS
lets do some fussy cutting!
I am so in love with these.
Who ever thought a western shootout could end up so cool??
(Ok so maybe the guys always think westerns are cool...)

For the following, ALWAYS make sure that the lighter of your two colors is on the left, and that the darker of your two colors is on the right. ALWAYS.
This is very very important to the over all design.

First you will fussy cut four LARGE diamonds from each print ( Use the exact same fussy cut from
Both fabrics to make the mirrored image ) , and sew them together as double shots.


Now you are going to use the same fabric and fussy cut 16 LARGE diamonds of each , both the light and the dark , then make 8 half shots ( four diamond each ) as below . 
Remember to us the lighter color on the far left. 
Aren't these wonderful ?! 



Now let's make some more 8 Shooters! 
Again using both colors,
Make a total of four out of the LARGE diamonds. 
I couldn't decide which fussy cut version that I liked the best so I made two of each . Why not ?! 


So this week you will be fussy cutting , basting and stitching up some large diamonds.
You will be making 4 double shots , 16 half ( 4) shots and four 8 shooters.
You can certainly make all of these out of one single color as opposed to two but I think the two colors will look much more interesting. And fussy cutting is not necessary if you don't want to . 

I'll see you in tenish days. Not Wednesday but the one after as I think it will take some ten days to get all of these finished . 
I don't know the date as I'm sitting here in the dark at midnight writing this post . I'm so angry that I didn't get it done before midnight but you see, the power is out. And I was trying to hook up a hot spot and that wasn't going either .
I gave up and decided to finish this blog post mobile from my phone . Thank goodness I had started it early this morning before I went to work because for some reason blogger does not work good mobile and I can never get photos to work right . 
If it worked mobile then you all would get a lot more blog posts than you do now . Drives me batty that I can't blog well from my phone . 
Anyway ... have a blast shooting this week . 
I'm gonna sit and listen to the thunder and my husband's snores while I wait on power to be restored. I mean seriously I cannot be expected to sleep well without a fan. Can't happen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment