Thursday, July 20, 2017

8 Shooters: Inventory Intermission (Photo Rich!)


Hats off to you if you have made it this far in our mystery!
I am super excited to keep going because I am ready to begin fussy cutting again. If you know me well, then you know I LIVE to fussy cut. Totally my passion.
So I decided to stop on these background pieces for awhile and pick up my awful perty blue coordinating prints.
But as I was sewing along, I realized...
we cannot piece these until THE VERY END.
Oh so sad! But exciting too because we will finish with a BANG for sure!


Only I am getting ahead of myself in excitement.
As I was sewing along, I noticed I have to keep referring back to my pattern just to make sure I am not more lost and confused than what is normal for me.
And then I realized you all do not have a pattern to follow and you are blindly following me so it would really not do well for you all to get lost and confused either!

So I decided it might be best to take a tiny (and I mean very tiny) Intermission.
I would like you to spend the next couple of days just taking a little inventory of what we have so far.
That way we can make sure we are all on the same lost and confused path to being the star of our 8 shooter show.


If you go way back in the beginning you will remember we started with making 8 shooter stars along with some coordinating stars.
As we went along we added some background pieces along the way, which brings you to the following:

Of Shooter set ONE you should have ONE 8 shooter that has been pieced with some background pieces:


And 4 coordinating 6 shot stars also with background pieces attached.


Of our SHOOTER SET TWO you should have four 8 shooters all with background attached. 



And 16 double shot arrows.


Our Shooter Set THREE should have four 8 shooters with backgrounds attached.


And 32 single shots just waiting on us to show them some love.


At this point, we have used a lot of background but we still have the following already basted but not yet stitched to our quilt yet.

Of our SOLID MAIN BACKGROUND
you should have 36 Jumbo triangles basted and waiting. 


Oops forgot our little sqaure pyramid. These are made of both solid matching background set one squares. You should have 16 of these.


Then of your SOLID MATCHING BACKGROUND SET ONE:
Of the lighter color you should have 64 small triangles basted.


and of the darker color you should have
4 medium basted triangles and
32 small basted triangles.


Next we moved to our coordinating A2, B2 and C2 tonals.
From the A2 and B2 we made sixteen of these 4 Shooters.


And from the coordinating C2 we made 32 little houses.


Finally lets take a look at what we haven't used yet.
Of course we have the coordinating A and B matching prints (mine are blue) that I showed at the top of this post.
We also have SOLID MATCHING BACKGROUND SET TWO.
A darker and lighter of each.



And finally our COORDINATING C AND D MATCHING PRINTS.



There, are you all fixed up and on the straight path or more cornfused than you was before you read this post?


I'll see you Saturday. Let's do some fussy cutting.
I'm all for it.
IF YOU ARE NEW TO JOINING US,
there is a button up top that says "8 Shooters" and it will take you step by step through the mystery.
Also there is a Facebook group where we like to share our progress.
Come join the fun!!





2 comments:

  1. Do you still have background fabric and papers for sale? If so, what are the prices?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No we had to downsize in a very big way due to my husbands health so I no longer ship. I just sell the pdf files so that others may either cut their own or purchase papers elsewhere. Sorry about that.

      Delete